Father's Day Chalk Art

Just a quick post to share with you an easy Father's Day stenciled chalkboard sign that's a fun and bright way to celebrate Dad on his special day!




This adorable lighted, distressed chalkboard easel was a thoughtful gift from our sweet daughter that she found at Kirkland's.  :)

And the chalk art design is another Silhouette Design Store regular cut file that I purchased and cut out of white Contact paper to use as a removable, adhesive stencil.  


Silhouette Design Store

For this sign, I bravely drew the double-lined border at the top and bottom of the chalkboard - free hand!  It's not perfect, but "good enough" is my new perfect.  Works for me!

After drawing the border, I placed the contact paper stencils (again separating the design into two cut pieces) on the chalkboard.  For more details, click HERE to see my previous DIY Chalk Art post.

Using a chalk marker, I filled in the open areas of the stencil, removed the stencil and cleaned up any smudges with a slightly damp artist's brush.




It took all of about 30 minutes to do - including cut time.  Quick and easy!  




If you don't own a Silhouette Cameo cutter, you can achieve similar results by printing a design on cardstock, cutting it out manually with scissors, and tracing the design onto Contact paper. 




Or, you can use cardstock as the stencil (skipping the Contact paper step), but for me I've found that I need the self-adhesive stencil to get a clean line while tracing.




Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy Father's Day chalk art.  What plans do you have for the "king of your castle?"  We'll be showering dear hubby with lots of attention and much deserved food and desserts! :)



Your comments are greatly appreciated and I look forward to your thoughts and ideas!  I try to respond to comments via email as soon as I can. If your email address isn't available, I will comment here. Thanks so much for visiting!


Shared with:

2 comments: